Interested in starting a WordPress Meetup of your own in the greater Seattle area?
Here’s what you need to know:
- You will be expected to abide by The Five Good Faith Rules of the global WordPress Community:
- WordPress Meetups are for the benefit of the WordPress community as a whole, not specific businesses or individuals. All actions taken as an event organizer are with the best interest of the community in mind.
- Membership in the local Meetup group is open to all who wish to join, regardless of ability, skill, financial status, or any other criteria.
- Meetups are volunteer-run with volunteer speakers. In cases where a modest attendance fee might be necessary, this fee should only cover the costs of the Meetup and shouldn’t be used to pay speakers or organizers.
- Meetup groups allow events to be organized by any reliable/trusted member of the community.
- Meetups are welcoming places where everyone works to foster an accepting environment which is free of discrimination, incitement to violence, promotion of hate, and general jerk-like behavior.
- You’ll be asked to commit to supporting the Meetup you want to create or assume hosting responsibilities for at least a year
- You’ll be asked to complete a short questionnaire
- You’ll be asked to meet with at least one member of the Community Leadership Team (virtually or in person) to go over expectations and see what support you’ll need.
Upon receiving approval from the leadership team to host a WPSeattle Meetup, you’ll be given the following tools to lead your Meetup:
- Host-level access to our Meetup.com Pro Membership
- Training with members of the WPSeattle leadership team for how to organize and run a successful meetup including an agenda outline, name tag template, etc.
- Assistance with any organizing-related tasks you need help with, like finding a venue for your meetup and possible funding for snacks.
Ready to apply? Complete the form below.